Repeat something from this list aloud at least once a day:
- No matter how intelligent and informed I am, some of my beliefs and opinions are wrong.
- Listening to others doesn’t mean I agree with them.
- Hearing only what I already believe does not help me understand the world.
- I only learn new perspectives from people with different opinions.
- Some things are obviously true only because of the assumptions I carry.
- I want to understand why people have opinions so different from my own.
- People who believe things I dislike are not necessarily evil or stupid.
- Diversity of opinion is the foundation of a constitutional republic; we can’t exist without it.